Hi! I’m Ryan Skiles.
This website is for me to use to show-off my capabilities across multiple skillsets. It is built with WordPress and hosted ‘in the cloud’ with Amazon Web Services.
Ive been in the Electrical industry since 2013 and graduated from the IEC (In association with Columbus State) as a Journeyman Electrician in 2017. Ive completed multiple projects across many denominations of electrical work such as:
- Building Distribution (Underground, above-ground)
- Generators and Automatic Transfer Switches
- Electrical Manufacturing
- Lighting Retrofits
- New Construction
- Fire Alarm
- Data and Low Voltage (Punch-down, Racking, Cabling)
- Site Installation Verification for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- DC chargers
- Preventative Maintenance (scanning, testing, logging)
Some photos of the above projects can be viewed on the Media page.
I’m a huge fan of self-guided learning. The internet is such a cool technology. It’s extremely exciting to live in an age where you can learn from others’ experiences and challenges at lightning speed, thousands of miles, even years apart. I support open-source and community driven efforts and those ideals have had a sizeable impact on my personal life.
Some hobbies I have come to love:
- Programming (Arduino, Python, some Java, simple web development)
- Music (Guitarist for more than 10 years, Audacity and FL Studio as DAW’s)
- Electronics (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PCB etching, circuit design)
- Lighting (Designing/repairing LED light fixtures)
- Hydroponic Fruits and Vegetables